Although most of the permanent makeup specialists in the UK have been trained properly and create stunning work there are cases were less qualified technicians produce work that is not up to standard and needs to be removed before a new treatment can be carried out to correct the unfavorable results.
At DC Micropigmentation we can help you remove unwanted semi permanent makeup or body tattoos
Reason for removal
- Poor previous work- undesirable shape or colour
- Saturation of colour from being done too many times
- Dramatic hair colour changes i.e. brown to blonde, or greying
- Darker pigments last longer than lighter pigments and may discolour over time
- Many contributing factors as to why pigment changes colour can be- poor colour choice, old pigments (manufacturing today for pigments is a lot more refined), Health issues, Medication and sun
There are three types of removal
- Saline Removal– The treatment is similar to having the original treatment done, however no pigment is used, and sterile salt is applied during the treatment which draws the pigment to the surface. During the healing process, scabbing will begin to form 3-5 days later and as the scabs fall off, they naturally bring some of the pigment with it. Saline removal needs multiple treatments, therefore is a gradual process where a small amount of colour can be removed but not all is guaranteed. Because lip pigments can contain white this then makes the laser removal process unsuitable as the laser will turn the white pigment black. This type of removal is suitable on all skin types Fitzpatrick 1-6
- Chemical Based Removal– There are many brands available which require a special licence to be able to use and perform the treatment. This treatment is not suitable around the eye area due to risks of scarring and damage to the eyes. Although it is administered in the same way as saline removal, it is a stronger removal method than saline. This treatment works by creating a chemical reaction under the skin which in turn lifts the pigment out during the healing process. There is a high risk of scarring by using this removal method, therefore we at DC Micropigmentation choose not to offer this type of removal as we don’t believe that the benefits outweigh the risks.
- Laser Removal– This treatment is the fastest and most effective way of removing pigment from eyebrows. Laser removal is suitable for Fitzpatrick skin types 1-4. An ND YAG laser produces pulsed light energy that is guided over the area of pigment that needs to be removed. The energy created from the light is absorbed by the skin and in turn breaks down the pigment into smaller particles. The body then gradually removes the pigment via the lymphatic system, therefore eliminating the pigment from the skin. Laser removal can only be performed by qualified technicians and in turn practitioners are inspected by local authorities to ensure safe practice of the machine. There is always a risk of scarring the skin therefore it is imperative that we perform a patch test first. Multiple sessions of laser removal are needed, with noticeable effects after each session. Each session needs to be a minimum of 6 weeks apart. Laser removal can not be performed on lip pigments that have a high content of white.Here at DC Micropigmentation we do not offer laser removal on eyeliner.
You can read more about our Laser Tattoo Removal treatment here
Prices start from £50 per session.